Thursday, May 28, 2009

First day home...

Where do I start...Today was like a roller coaster ride. It was amazing and tiring and emotional and long and stressful and wonderful.
Our flex schedule starts with the basics: diaper change, feeding, cuddling, and sleeping every three-ish hours. James has the cycle down, he knows what he wants and when he wants it, I on the other hand have to get used to this. It's been a long time since I've had a newborn. It wasn't too bad, but by the end of the day when I'd forgotten to sleep when he slept I started to lose it. Not to mention trying to stretch the time between my pain meds, when I still need them in order to move and trying to build up my milk supply by pumping between nursing (ouch!!!). Tomorrow I plan to be better to myself....take my meds when I'm suppose to, take naps, and chill with the extra pumping.
Like I said, James has the cycle down. He's ready when I go to get him for a clean diaper and a mouth ready for food. And after burping he's all about cuddling with mommy and then heading to sleep. He is amazing and I wouldn't change anything about him!!!
Well, it's time for me to go get him...more to come later...enjoy the new pics!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment