Friday, May 8, 2009

Not so good news...

This morning Seth and I headed downtown for my 36 week doctor's appointment. I was feeling pretty awful to begin with because I have a sinus infection (and they only want me to take some over the counter meds which aren't working), not to mention all the joyful pregnancy feelings...like back pain, cramping all over, feeling sick to my stomach... So, I'd only gone up about a pound, and my sugar and blood pressure were good. Then came time to meet with the doctor. While trying to find the heart beat he discovered that the baby is breech...still head up and not down like it should be. So, at my appointment next week if he is still the wrong way I have the option of letting them try to turn him (because that sounds like so much fun) and potentially having to have an emergency c-section because he either goes into fetal distress or the placenta detaches. Although that may sound like a good time I'm thinking not. So, the other option is to go ahead and schedule the c-section for the next week. I'll admit that a c-section never entered my mind and after reading some stories online I'm not exactly thrilled about the whole idea, but at least this way James doesn't have to get stressed out. So, I'll let you know how my next appointment goes (it's next Thursday) and hopefully we'll have a new due date based on when we plan the c-section. Keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment